This is what I love about Rotterdam. A cold evening in autumn which is actually not too cold. Trees begin to fall out, meeting new people and discover new places.
Last week I visited Nieuw Rotterdams Café because of the launch of the shopping guide Downtownrotterdam (DTR). Because I work down town Rotterdam, love to discover new places in Rotterdam and write about them, I was asked by the organisation of DTR to officially receive the first shopping guide, how nice! The famous Rotterdam singer Ai Ming Oei, of Ming’s Pretty Heroes also received one and she even performed that night.
Curious which places I like the most @ DTR? Here is my top ten:
- Sister Moon Because they sell lovely and unique clothes I Nieuwe Binnenweg 89-B
- Urban Espresso Bar I love having breakfast over here, they sell the most tasteful sandwiches and smooties I Nieuwe Binnenweg 263
- Rotown When I’m done working at Sister Moon on Friday night I love to have my first glass of wine for the weekend over there I Nieuwe Binnenweg 17b-19a
- Toko94 It’s a small restaurant and the serve Caribbean food, me like! I Witte de Withstraat 94-B
- IJslokaal After I have had diner at home I like going over there to get a large ice cream. In summer you can sit outside in their backyard, really cosy! I Nieuwe Binnenweg 230a
- Biological market On Tuesday I go to this market because it’s practical next to where I work. Here I buy my greenery for the week and fresh flowers I Eendrachtsplein
- Boekhandel v/h Van Gennep At this small bookstore they sell cool fashion books and other kind of books I Oude Binnenweg 131b
- Odille Hemmen When I need a good bottle of wine for someone’s birthday or for myself I go over there I Nieuwe Binnenweg 92
- Café de Zondebok & t' ZwarteSchaap At weekday’s I go over there for a drink I Witte de Withstraat 96
- Jordy’s Bakery Because I love bread! I Nieuwe Binnenweg 97a
Underneath you will find pictures of the shopping guide launch at NRC and pictures of Rotterdam by night that I took when I walked to my bycicle that night. Hope you like them!
Ph/ me (except for the one where I'm on, that one is made by Kim Heinen)